Caritas Extra
[Abrir]
OpenArena Argentina
April 18, 2024, 08:52:26
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ¡Nos mudamos de foro! En vísperas de la 0.8.8, el nuevo foro estará ubicado en esta dirección, mientras tanto, les pedimos a todos que se vayan registrando allí.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery | Descargas | Staff List Calendar Login Register  

OpenArena 0.8.0 dropped down

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena 0.8.0 dropped down  (Read 258 times)
Neon_Knight
Where yo' curleh' mustache at?
Administrador
Hurt Me Plenty

Nick OpenArena:
: Neon_Knight

Mag-Fuckin-Neto

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:15:12 »

Leilol, OpenArena's project leader, has said this at the OA official forums:

Apparently it was discovered that one of the contributors have contributed content derived from strictly non-Free content. It made its way into OA 0.8.0's release. This is highly unacceptable, and so, I have pulled the OA080 release files since I don't support the work of thieves and I don't want this release around anymore.
Note that this does not mean the older 0.7.6/7 or 0.7.1 releases are NOT inheriting "current release" status. I will not be providing them here either.
You'll just have to wait until 0.8.1 is released. Apologies in advance for the extra megabytes of bandwidth to use.

And in the General forum of the same place, she gave the reasons of the dropdown:

The main reason - TraK's textures.

This post at cgtextures finally seals the deal:
http://old.cgtextures.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1735&postcount=18

Ever wonder why I was so hesitant about his demands of committing 'his' textures? This is the last time i'll ever take weasel words from a crybaby whiner.

Who knows when the next big fkn release of OA might make it now.

Gone will also be TraK's compiled map files. They won't come back unless someone retextures them.
Report Spam   Logged

OpenArena Admin

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum